Steve Rottman is a tireless, spirited mediator who brings a fresh, creative approach to brokering settlements. Steve spent most of his career as a trial lawyer. He "gets it." He understands what drives disputes and why they are so hard to resolve without the help of a mediator.
Some cases need to be tried, but most should settle. Steve has helped countless attorneys and their clients break impasse and reach resolution
without the pain, risk and cost of continued litigation. He can help you too.
Steve is married and has two beautiful daughters as well as a poorly trained leonberger named Georgia.
He is an avid whitewater kayaker and a certified ski instructor.
Mr. Rottman was named by the Daily Journal of Los Angeles and San Francisco as one of the "Top Ten Up & Coming Neutrals" in
2009. These mediators were selected by the Daily Journal after polling practitioners from across the state to find out who they believe are the most effective neutrals working today.
View PDF Of This Article
Steve was profiled by the Los Angeles Daily Journal (PDF)
Daily Journal named
Steve as one of California's Top 50 Neutrals in 2012 (PDF)
- Harvard Law School, with honors, 1990
- Duke University, summa cum laude, 1985
- Repeatedly selected by his peers as a "Super Lawyer" of Southern California
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for professional excellence and ethical standards
- Recognized as a Member of the California Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Licensed as an attorney in California and Colorado
- Employment law specialist for the Los Angeles Superior Court's Early Neutral Evaluation Pilot Program
- Expert witness at trial
- Recognized in Best Lawyers of America